Are you planning to buy VPN? If yes, then you should wait for awhile because I’m going to provide you a detail guide about VPN, its benefits and feature. I’m sure that you will be able to buy the best VPN service after reading this guide. It is advisable to spend some time in going through this simple yet informative guide about VPN.
What is Virtual Private Network?
It extends a private network across public networks such as internet. It permits you to enjoy a safe way of communication and networking. Generally, a virtual point to point connection is established with the mean of dedicated connection and encryption. Actually, it works as a middleman between a computer and other public networks. When you send a file to public network then it first goes to this middle man i.e. VPN and then to public network.
Benefits of VPN:
Here are five main benefits that you can grab from this network.
- Privacy:If you don’t want to show your location to public networks then indeed it is VPN that offers you extreme privacy. You get a unique IP address of outside country through a VPN. When you connect to internet then your real IP address remains hidden because servers of public networks identify IP address of VPN.
- Security: Everyday you hear the news of hacker, Trojan, virus, phishing, and other attacks. Many internet users have to loss their important and private data due to these attacks. If you want to enjoy a secure way of communication and networking then without any doubt, VPN will provide you such a safe working environment. Due to this plus point of VPN, many corporations have started giving it a due preference because they can’t afford the loss and theft of their confidential data and files.
- Cost Effective Option: Many organizations want to cut the cost of leased line and long distance phone call. This cost cutting is made possible through a virtual private network.
- Internet Censorship Solution: There are many countries that have restricted access to many websites.If you want to bypass this internet censorship then you need to subscribe for VPN.
- Voip Censorship Solution: In case your state government has banned voip in the country then you can easily gain access to voip such as Skype, Google Talk and other voip services via VPN.
How to Choose the Best VPN Service? Consider 5 Points
Once you have got an idea about the benefits of VPN then next thing that you must need to know is the way with which you can choose the best vpn service. There are a number of service providers, so locating the best one will be hard. Here are five points that you need to check in your prospective vpn service:
1. Find more About Server Locations:
As I told you earlier, you can gain access to restricted content through a VPN. A good VPN is one that brings more server locations than others. It happens many times that you have to travel from one country to another. Internet censorship regulation varies from country to country. It will be better if you have a VPN with different server locations so that you can easily bypass internet censorship in different locations; so you can enjoy all sorts of contents and video while you will be traveling across the world.
2. Get info of Protocol:
You are going for VPN because you need a secure connection. Therefore, it is good to check what kind of protocols your VPN brings for you. Protocols are underlying technologies that offer different types and levels of security. Two most common protocols are Open VPN and PPTP (Point to Point Tunneling Protocol); former offers more security with its 256 bit encryption than 128-bit encryption of latter. You will also able to find L2TP/IPSec, SSTP, and SSL VPN protocols. They also bring diverse types and levels of security. They are not compatible with every kind of system but it is really easy to set them up.
At this point, you have to note that each protocol has different system requirements. For example, PPTP doesn’t demand much resources of your system and therefore, it offers fast performance; though it is not very secure. When it comes to open VPN then you come to know that it demands more resources of your system and you may have to bear some performance issues later on.
You should need to consider both performance and security points whenever you are going to choose the best vpn service.
3. Evaluate Performance Level:
It is indeed the most important point that you should always keep in mind while buying VPN. Performance of server is mainly based on the factors of capacity, speed and reliability and these factors are interdependent; capacity of server can affect the speed and reliability. Capacity of server means the number of IP addresses that it can support. The best server is one that will support more IPs than others. For example, a service with 10 servers and thousands IPs will be better than a service with 5 servers and 600 IPs support. A server with high capacity is reliable and speedy. So, you should try to pick a service with more servers and IPs.
At this point, you should also check IP switching feature of a service. Some services are rigid and they don’t allow easy switching between IPs. You should try to go with a service that offer easy and free switching between different IPs. Go for IPs switching option especially when you travel often.
4.Check VPN packages:
When you check the web then you come to know that different VPN service providers offers varied packages and accounts such as dedicated vpn, shared vpn, meterage usage, unlimited usage, etc. You get a discount for annual subscription while cost will be higher for monthly package. You will have a lot of accounts to choose from. You should try to pick one package that exactly matches with your specific requirements. It is advisable to go for free trial account just to get an idea about the service offered by a VPN service provider.
5. Think About Extra Features:
When it comes to features that again you need to know what you exactly need. If you are looking for a VPN that allows you to establish network on more than one device then surely you need to get a VPN router. When you have a router then you can not only connect a PC with VPN but also your Mobile, PS3 and other devices with this network. Surely, you need to pay higher for this kind of advanced features.
On the other hand, if you only want to use VPN on your PC and do not want it on any other device then a simple VPN is the best. There is no need to pay extra when you are not going to use it on multiple devices.
I’m sure that you will be able to choose the best VPN service once you consider all these important points. Here is the list of Top 5 VPN Providers.
|Rank||Provider Name||Starting Price||Money Back Guarantee
||Visit Provider Site
|4||StrongVPN||$21/ 3 months||7 Days|