Mac is the operating software used by Apple computers, but now has a newer version called the Mac OS X. This software is distinctive, but still has all the limitations any other operating software has when it comes to surfing around the Internet. For this reason, many Mac users are turning to a Mac VPN. This is a Virtual Private Network that makes it safe to go onto the web without worrying about intruders trying to see what you are doing or stealing any information from you.
Why a Mac VPN
Not every VPN provider offers services for a Mac operating system. This is why you have to spend a lot of time looking at each VPN. You may find a good VPN provider, but if it does not offer a connection to Mac software, then it is useless. The operating system is just different than the popular Windows software and has to be connected differently to the VPN.
Getting a Mac VPN will secure any of your Internet traffic and still provide you all the services you would get with any other computer operating systems, but is set up differently. This is why finding the perfect VPN is such a challenge.
Connect to a Mac VPN
Here is the steps you need to take to connect to a Mac VPN, so follow them and you should have no problems securing your Internet traffic.
- Run a systems update before trying to connect to a VPN service
- Go to “System Preferences”
- Select “Network”
- Make a new network connection by selecting “+”
- Select “Interface”
- Select “VPN” from the menu items listed here
- In “VPN Type” the box will already be set at “L2TP over IPSec” you can change this if necessary
- Under that is “Service Name” type in the name of your VPN provider
- Now select “Create”
After this is set up, you will still have to configure the VPN connection. Follow these instructions to finish the Mac VPN set up.
- Select “Configuration”
- Select “Add Configuration”
- Type the VPN providers name, or website, into the next screen
- Select “Create”
- Enter the VPN’s server address, this is provided by the VPN after you subscribe to their service
- Enter your account name in the box below that
- Select “Authentication Settings”
- Enter the password used to access your VPN account
- In the “Shared Setting” box, enter the VPN’s web address
You may have to go to advanced setting to finish certain aspects of the VPN connection, but before you finish you must select “Send all traffic over VPN connection” to make sure that every time you go on the web, your Internet connection will use the VPN’s server.
Top 5 Mac VPN Providers
Before you can ever start making a connection to secure your Internet traffic, you must find a Mac VPN and register, then become a member. This is the hard part. You have to look at so many VPN services, then review what each one offers and finally pay for the service. It is one of the hardest, most time consuming things you will do.
This is why we spend hours, days, weeks and months doing this for everyone. We asked hundreds of experts from around the world that used Mac operating systems, then requested that they register and use VPN providers that work with Apple computers. After many months, these experts came back with the top Mac VPNs.
|Rank||Provider Name||Starting Price||Money Back Guarantee
||Visit Provider Site
|5||StrongVPN||$21/ 3 months||7 Days|