IPVanish has just launched their new Android App. This app will allow you to use the anonymizing VPN services of IPVanish. The app is now available for download at Google Play.
IPVanish has taken another growth step this month with their new app for Android devices. The app is available to Android users on Ice Cream Sandwich and later platform versions. Both existing and new customers can get the app for free. New Android users can use the app to connect to any of the over 7000 IPs available. They will have access to over 100 servers in 43 different countries.
The Android app from IPVanish is a “root required” app. Before downloading the app, please check to make sure your Android device is rooted, if you choose to do so. Rooting refers to the process of gaining root access to the device’s operating system. This allows you full access to and control of the device, with several options. It allows users to clean up the bloatware that often comes with network-locked phones. It also allows users to delete any apps that are baked into the OS that you don’t want or need. You can install custom community versions of Android (ROMs) to enjoy features like smaller size, faster performance, zero bloatware, and version upgrades that are not yet available from your provider. Rooting can also be risky, but knowledgeable Android users perform the process regularly. First, rooting your phone will void your phone’s warranty. If done improperly, it can damage your phone beyond repair. Check also if you have the Superbrick Bug before you try rooting it or you will risk bricking your phone. After rooting, download the app at authorize it. The software will then install and set up automatically on the Android device.
Connecting to IPVanish on Android
1. On the Applications menu under Settings, check the Unknown Sources box. A message requesting you to acknowledge the source will appear. Confirm if you agree.
2. Go to Manage applications and select the IPVanish app to launch it.
3. When the list of servers appears, select one. Check the box to confirm that you are allowing the app to run on your device.
4. When prompted to sign in, enter the username and password that you received by email from IPVanish. Your connection will start automatically when you Sign In.
5. Wait for confirmation that you are connected and you are ready to surf. The connection screen displays your connection time, speed, and bandwidth usage.
Click here to see our VPN Provider Reviews to learn more about IPVanish.