We all know that earlier this year Microsoft created a buzz in the mobile industry by unveiling its new Windows powered tablet devices. These devices are even more portable than the traditional notebook PCs and that’s what makes them number one on our wish lists. Now, there are two types of Microsoft Surface tablets, one is Surface RT which runs on Windows 8’s RT version and it was released a few months ago. The other model is Microsoft Surface Pro, as it runs on Windows 8 Pro and it is yet to be released by the manufacturer.
Why Do You Need a VPN Connection on Microsoft Surface Tablet?
Today we will be discussing the procedure by which you can setup a VPN connection on a Windows RT based Surface tablet. There are many reasons why someone would want to get a VPN on their Surface RT tablet. First of all, most of the users are going to buy this tablet mainly because they want to stay online on the go, and while they are travelling usually they have to connect to internet via public WiFi hotspots which are not that secure. So, in order to surf the internet privately with complete protection of your online data on the Surface tablet, you will need a VPN connection.Of course there are many other uses of the VPN connection as well.For instance, if various entertainment websites like Netflix, Hulu and others are blocked in your country, you can also bypass those restrictions by getting a VPN connection on your Surface tablet.
Steps to Connect VPN on Microsoft Surface Tablet?
Here is how you can setup a VPN connection:
- First of all you will have to purchase a VPN connection from a popular and known VPN service provider.
- The VPN provider will give you the details that you will need to setup the VPN connection on your tablet, these details must include the server IP or name, port, username and password to login to VPN account.
- Now, when you are ready, you will have to open Search panel by pressing Win + F key combination on the keyboard dock or you can just swipe on the screen and a Menu will appear.
- After that you will need to type VPN in search bar and there you will find the option saying “Set up a Virtual Private Network connection”.
- After tapping on this option, the desktop mode will open and the setup wizard will start.
- It will ask you for the details that are provided by your VPN service provider including the Server IP, username and password.
After you have created the VPN connection on your Surface tablet, all you need to do is go to the Networks window and there you will find the VPN connection, with whatever name you have given it, ready to connect. You will be able to connect and disconnect to VPN from the same window screen. For further configuration you can just tap and hold the newly made VPN connection and new dialog box will appear that will show the detailed configuration option, if you want to change or add something.
Best VPN Service Providers for You:
There are tons of VPN service providers in the industry but there are only a few who provide great services to users. Below mentioned are one of the best VPN service providers who you can trust blindly:
|Rank||Provider Name||Starting Price||Money Back Guarantee
||Visit Provider Site
|4||StrongVPN||$21/ 3 months||7 Days|